How to Install iOS6 Google Maps (Any Country)
01.09.2013 3 Comments
Do you miss your iOS4 or 5’s Google Maps? I do. Google Maps for iOS6 has quite been available, but to a limited number of countries at the moment. Unfortunately, iTunes Philippines is included among the list of “unfortunate” stores to enjoy this app. So, after a very extensive research on every possible way just to download the app, I finally found the perfect method — as easy as 1-2-3!
So how can you get Google Maps on your iOS6 device? Well, change your iTunes account region by following this procedure:
1. On your iDevice, open your App Store and scroll down until you see your Apple ID at the bottom. Click your ID.
2. Click View Apple ID.
3. Click Country/Region.
4. Select a different country from the drop-down list. I chose Hong Kong. Click Done.
5. Click Agree.
6. Click Next in the Billing Information page.
7. And that’s done. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of the change.
8. Now go and Search for Google Maps and you’ll see the official app from Google in the results page. Install it! (happy face emoji here)
9. After the installation is done, you may now change back to your native region.
source: Calvin’s Hub